Sunday, November 11, 2007

Gem

They say am my company’s Gem. And they gave me an award too, the first of its kind. “The Star of the month”.

I am on Top of the world. It’s not just an award to me; it’s much more than that. It’s the recognition for my 1 year’s hard work. It’s a proof that I am not that bad or rather am good. It’s something I had decided when I left my old company.

On the last day in my Old Company, we had a team meeting. Just before the meeting ended, I gave a short speech. I don’t know if I had offended someone with this which I should not have done as I was leaving, but still I said it.

"After 2 and half years, I am leaving my company, my first company. The one that made me what I am. I am going to miss everything like hell.

But I feel I was never recognized here. In my 2 and half years in this project, I never got an award, never a good appreciation. It may sound funny, but am really very sad about that.

In my 30 member team 29 of them got at least one Award. All these days, I have seen people getting awards. I have always clapped and encouraged them. As I clapped, I used to think “Yeah someday my turn will come".

Few months back I worked assiduously for 90 days including weekends, holidays. True, I cribbed and cribbed, but I still worked to my best. Even after that project, you said I didn't do what was expected out of me. I still don't understand what more you expected from me. Why for everyone else you expect something and from me you expect something else. I did lot of extra things which my project mates never did. I strongly feel that I deserve an award more than anyone in this room.

Now I am leaving my company without an award and yes I am sad as I will never get one from here. This time I can't console myself saying "Yeah someday my turn will come". “

Anyway now am really very happy. “Alhamdulillah”.
Hope I’ll continue working like this. “Insha Allah”

2 comments:

Preethika said...

Congrats sibs!

Your team or ur superiors might not have recoganised you or your work when you were with them. but i'm sure, they would have appreciated what you did after you left them.

It's all for the good...

Sibi said...

Thanks preeti...
yeah may be... [:)]
yups.. everything is for good...

eXTReMe Tracker