Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Chicken

I was sitting on one side
My friends were sitting on the other side
It was lunch time
There was a fully fried chicken in my plate

I thought about the chicken
About its life
How it used to run and play
Now it’s lying motionless in my plate

Everyone will become like this one day
Motionless

I started eating by cutting its legs
My friends stared at me and started laughing
The way I eat chicken, it was really funny

One of them told “Even that fried chicken will run away if
You eat like this”

I laughed
We all laughed…

Suddenly the chicken started moving…
We jumped in shock

It got up and gazed as if I killed it…
And it ran towards the hotel kitchen

“May be the chicken wants to take vengeance on the cook” I said

We all sat motionless just like the chicken
As if the roles have been exchanged

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker