Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Smile


Smile

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.”

“A smile is a powerful weapon; you can even break ice with it. “

“Smile a lot, it costs nothing”

“Always remember to be happy because you never know who's falling in love with your smile. “

Lots of poets and writers have written about the importance of smile, one of the most powerful yet a simple thing that a human being can give to the world.

I have seen people who don’t smile back…
May be coz they are too busy…
Or may be coz they don’t like that person…
Or may be coz they are moody…
Or may be coz they just don’t feel like smiling just like that…

I too was like this…
I never used to smile at people…
I used to think
“Why should I waste my energy smiling at other people?”

But at one point in my life, I realized the significance of smile.
It was when I went to a local function, where the people in the neighborhood were attending.
Suddenly I realized they were the people whom I daily see and never smile.
I was isolated even though they knew me, even though they see me daily. I then understood the importance of smile in the social life.


There was another such incident during my college days.
One day, I was in a very bad mood. Since I rarely smiled even if I am in a good mood, naturally I didn’t smile when my classmates came to discuss about our farewell party. Though I said “yes” agreeing to their decision, seeing my face, they assumed that I didn’t like the proposal.

Next day, when I went to my college, I heard that the farewell party location has not yet being decided coz some are not ready. When I went in to detail of the issue, I found that it was my name on top list who was not contented with the location.
Well this seems strange, ya I too was shocked, but it’s the truth. People assume things. Mostly it’s our smile and body language that counts more than our words.


Its not only human beings, but it applies to every living being in this world.
Haven’t you heard this quote by Walter Anderson :
“Smile, Have you ever noticed how easily puppies make human friends? “

When I tell you to smile, I mean the smile that comes from your heart, not the cheesy grin just to show that “I have been told to smile, so let me smile”.

When I realized my mistake, I decided,
No matter in what mood I am,
No matter how busy I am,
No matter how much I loathe that person,
I decided; I will smile.
And that smile will be right from my heart.”

From that day I changed. I smiles even when I don’t get one back. I’ll think
“One day he/she will smile back”.

There is a guy in my office, to whom I daily smile, who never smiles me back.
My friends asks me, Why I smile at a person who don’t smile back,
Ill say “My dear friends, do you know what
Mother Theresa said about smile”
“‘Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing”
“Yes it’s very true and it costs you nothing, yet it does wonderful things.
One day he will realize that”


So people, think, to whom did you smile yesterday and to whom u did not.
From now on, try smiling at least once to your friends, to your enemies, to your colleagues; to everyone you know or want to know. You’ll know the Magic of this simple five letter word “Smile”.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker